DIY-Workshop / AtoVproject - 16n Rework DIY
Build your own 16n rework for a special Superbooth price (30€ reservation fee + 215€ rest payment = 245€ total)
The 16n AtoVproject Rework is a controller sending CV, I2C, MIDI jack, USB MIDI (compatible PC, Mac, Linux, iPad etc.), making it the absolute ultimate controller for any of your hardware and software all in one!
This DIY kit is beginner friendly and you have the choice between silver or black panels.
If you register, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us what color of panel you would like.
The time slot for the workshop is limited and cannot be extended. Please be on time so you have the time to build your kit!
This unit features:
• 16 high-end supersmooth faders with dust cover (custom built for us by ALPS)
• Eurorack compatible (50hp) and standalone enclosure (for use in or out of the rack)
• Selectable 0-5V or 0-10V CV output range (independent setting for each fader)
• High stability power conditioning for high stability analog outputs
• Soft MIDI thru. MIDI data sent to the 16n through USB is echoed to the MIDI jack
• Utility connector on the back of the unit to simplify the use of i2c with modules like the ER301, Disting EX etc.
This version of the 16n Faderbank ships with:
• AtoVproject 16n Rework Eurorack module available with grey or black panels
• Enclosure for standalone use (Aluminium Powder coated)
• USB cable (High quality 1.5m braided and shielded)
• MIDI din to Jack adapter (90° angled, braided, Type A)
• Eurorack Power Cable
• i2c Cable
Please check the assembly manual here to have an idea of the build process and needed tools: https://atovproject.de/manuals/atovproject-16n-rework-diy-kit
The 16n AtoVproject rework is a complete redesign of the original open source (CC-BY-SA) project 16n faderbank. This project was originated by Brian Crabtree, Sean Hellfritsch, Tom Armitage, Brendon Cassidy. As wished by the original designers the 16n AtoVproject rework is also open source and uses the same CC-BY-SA licence.
Important General Info:
To enter the workshop you need both: 1) a Superbooth ticket for the day of the workshop plus b) the workshop ticket itself! The workshop ticket covers the advance payment for the workshop, please bring your printed workshop ticket plus Superbooth ticket and enough cash to pay the rest payment here in the workshop area. (We possibly won't have small change!)
We generally have soldering irons but not too many tools. If you have own stuff and want to use it, bring it please! Do not forget your eye glasses if you need it for soldering. If you generally need recommendations for DIY tools, check this https://t1p.de/d3ll3.